Saturday, April 05, 2008

Re-Dedication

First of all let me apologize for not keeping this Blog current, updated, not blogging on a regular basis. The truth of the matter is I tried doing the You Tube thing. Now I realize that was a mistake, the basic problem I found is that I was in my videos(not a good thing). There is one last idea I'm going to try, even though I don't expect it to work I'm going to try anyway.

What I am going to do is rededicate my efforts into this Blog. When I really started getting into You Tube I put all my efforts into making videos. In school I got involved with making videos and doing a sketch once or twice, This is something I could do and would be good at. The truth is acting is not my thing. I even went back and looked at my projects from school and really noticed how out of place I looked, didn't belong there. There's a reason I'm not an actor, besides my appearance and lack of acting talent(lack of talent doesn't prevent some from acting, and you know who I mean), It's just a place where I don't belong.
When I decided to jump into You Tube I almost erased this blog. At the time I thought I should just end it and be done. Every time I got ready to erase it, something wouldn't let me. Over the last hour or so I went back and read all of my posts and realized I have some good things in here, some posts that I absolutely love and others that are so lame they defy reason(C.L.B.'s and Bacon Cheeseburger Doughnuts).

There is another reason I decided to return. The Internet is a very interesting medium(blogging in particular) because you can put yourself out there and not really at the same time. You can write whatever you want and can believe that everybody or nobody is reading it(or how many people are), you just don't know(which can either be a scary thing or a fulfilling thing). I'm starting to go long here but let me end with this lyric from the Grateful Dead song Ripple. I think it describes what I was trying to say better than I could. Later...

theJDman

"If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine
And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung
Would you hear my voice come through the music
Would you hold it near as it were your own?
It's a hand-me-down,
the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
I don't know, don't really care
Let there be songs to fill the air"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home