Sunday, August 13, 2006

I now(officially) have a musical library!

When I started putting my music together on my iPod I started with the CD's I already had and some songs I found off iTunes/internet. All the while knowing that I could not call my collection complete no matter how many songs I had, because there was always 1 missing, anybody want to take a guess before reading on? That's right, Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin... I picked up the 2 Disc early/later greatest hits set and added them to the library.

Now It may seem I'm making a really big deal about this. I have some things that almost everybody has and I also some lesser-known titles as well. The truth is that most of the really great stuff I like I already have(That is currently made, that I know of). I have some well known performers like Queen, the Beatles, Tom Petty, Selena, Aerosmith, and, Eddie and the Cruisers(yeah, I know). Then my collection also has performers who aren't as well known but are every bit as talented; they are Ashley Monroe and Christina Mason(Links to you right), ect... I know, no guys; I could put Lee Majors here because he sang the unknown stuntman but that just wouldn't be funny.

Music is subjective, but the truth is Stairway to Heaven had to be there. Is it my favorite song? No, it's not... That would be I will Never be the Same by Melissa Etheridge and I have my own reasons for it, and truth be told I'm not a super fan of her music as a whole... But it is the only concert I ever went to and I did see that song performed live. It was worth it.

My music library must have all my favorite songs in it to work. Of course some are better than others, Ponderous is nowhere near as good as Yesterday. If you keep these things in perspective you realize how important all your songs are from Imagine to Your Song to We Are The Champions to Dream On to Everybody Knows to Annie's Song to Top Of The World to Dreaming Of You to (Don't Fear) The Reaper to Sentimental Street. I could go on but you get the idea, some songs listed here I rated are 5, some 4, some 3... point is they are all part of the library and all have to be there.

All right now I'm just taking up space so I'll just close with this...

"If I leave here tomorrow,
would you still remember me?"

theJDman

Discography
01)Imagine - John Lennon
02)Your Song - Elton John
03)We Are The Champions - Queen
04)Dream On - Aerosmith
05)Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen
06)Annie's Song - John Denver
07)Top Of The World - The Carpenters
08)Dreaming Of You - Selena
09)(Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
10)Sentimental Street - Night Ranger




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home