Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Under the ShowBiz Radar: Jayma Mays

Yes I finally found another Actor that's really good and hasn't gotten major fanfare. Now just so you know I have a list of Actors that are possible candidates, I then wait about a year or so to see if they become famous or not. There are different leaves of fame(news coverage, webpages about the actor, major coverage of a project they have a major role in, ect...) which are also taken into account. The main reason I haven't done a post like this recently is because most of the actors on the list have started to get a get a certain level of fame, and others have a good chance of taking off and you expect them to, then it doesn't really happen. Well that's enough about that, let's get this post started. Just one more thing, I didn't choose based on looks alone(If that were the case this Blog would would be nothing but a fanboy lovefest of Kristen Bell, Victoria Pratt, and Asia Argento[Oh My]) because let's face, there's are too many Pretty boys(or girls) that couldn't act their way out of a plastic bag.


Now if you watch any amount of TV, chances are you've seen this Actor on you're favorite show(or maybe a couple that are not so hot) as a character once or twice. Her name is Jayma Mays and she's been on(this list is going to give me carpel tunnel) Entourage, Ghost Whisperer, Pushing Daisies, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, House M.D., How I met your Mother, Six Feet Under, Ugly Betty, and Heroes among others. As far as her list of movies, there's Red Eye, Flags of our Fathers, as well as a staring role in Epic Movie.

I've seen Epic Movie and it was good for what it was suppose to be, Not my kind of movie so I can't fairly judge it. Her work on Ugly Betty has been good so far(recurring character), starting out as a nice character but now not so much. What's really got my attention is her role in Heroes as Charlie. She starts out by being killed by the Show's main Villian. Then one of the series leads(main character), Hiro goes back in time 6 months to stop her murder, only to realize She has Cancer and is going to die anyway. That subplot is my favorite storyline in the entire series(so far) and showcases what two great actors can do to make a scene into a moment that you will always remember.
Now there happens to be more information about Jayma Mays then there was about Julius Carry, so if you go looking you'll find some. You can see her IMDB profile at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1724323/ . And with any luck we'll be seeing more of her in the coming years.


theJDman
Update: I was directed to a fansite for Jayma Mays, you can find it at www.jayma-mays.org

2 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger Heidur Maria said...

Jayma Mays is fantastic! I love her!
There is a fansite on her... www.jayma-mays.org

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Mall Cop, it looks hilarious and she is so funny and cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home