Saturday, April 04, 2009

About Last Night

It is not the purpose of this Blog to get your pity or throw my hardship in your face. What I want is to run a Blog that you will want to come to, a place to make you think, have a laugh, and to share some of the better things the Internet has to offer. I know sometimes that there is too much focus on one of the three, that's just the way it happened and I don't apologize for it.

Last night I was given an opportunity to get it out, so I took it. I needed to, It's one of those things you can't really understand unless you've been there(words really can't fully describe it). All day I almost deleted that post about a hundred times, but I finally decided to let it stay. As long as it's there then it's not just my burden; It's not hidden so that it's not me against the world, and damn am I tired of that. I want to make an impact and leave my mark on the world, and you just can't do that when you're hiding in an alley watching the parade go by and being pissed because they don't want you in the parade. The truth is the World doesn't want you and it's not saving you a spot. If you want a spot, you need to make it yourself, Nobody else is going to do it for you. We all have something inside that sets us apart from everybody else, a talent we can embrace or waste. Sadly most of us let the fear of failure stop us from embracing our talent. The one thing I really learned during the last few years is this: I don't let fear stop me anymore, when you're dying(very slowly) you have time to think about life and where you think you should be, why you aren't is tied to fear. When I think back on it almost all my failures in life are tied to not taking the chance/opportunity because I would fail and look stupid and look how it all ended up, I was going to die and had nothing to show for it. I would have a few family members at a funeral and as things returned to normal It'd be like I never existed, just a paragraph in the local paper. If you take anything away from this; If you fear failure just go ahead and do it anyway, if you fail so what, gather up your courage and do it again. There's a great quote about that kinda goes like this: Courage is being scared to death and doing it anyway.

And one last thing, there will be times where I get pissed and not be thoughtful as it concerns content in some posts and in cases such as those I will put a disclaimer at the beginning of the Post. That's all I got for now and I need to get some sleep, so Later...

theJDman

"What am I, Who am I, What will I be?
Where am I going and What will I see?
Searching my mind for some truth to reveal,
What thoughts are fantasy and what memories real?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home