Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Chick Flick Moment *AKA* The Future? or The Letter

Before I begin let me just say that this is not the normal post I usually write, and I will probably remove it in a couple days. Consider yourself warned.


I have a few things to talk about here so I'll just start with the date, Valentine's Day. For the second year in a row I just finished watching A Walk to Remember, Of course last year I read the book then decided to watch the DVD. Both are very well done and I need to say the Movie would have played better if it followed the book closer but what's done is done. After watching it I had a vision, glimpse of the future, or maybe just a wish realization(note to self: never use those two words together like that again); I believe that the future will see a once in a lifetime role that Mandy Moore will just nail and the World will remember it to the exclusion of everything else she will ever do. Now before you say there are several twenty-something actress now that can do the same and make that moment is history, you're right but I just see Mandy Moore in that Future. What do I mean(yeah what do I mean)? Let me explain with another example. Who is Vivien Leigh? The most common answer(except for who is Vivien Leigh?) is she played Scarlett in Gone with the Wind, and that is the extent of what most people know her from. The truth is Vivien Leigh has done other big movies at their time but GwtW is what she's remember for. Now some people might think well that sucks, being remember for one thing. I don't see it that way, because let's face it Gone with the Wind is a movie that's been around for almost 70 years and everybody has seen it, and It's not going anywhere.


So, do I think A Walk to Remember that movie? In a simple one word answer, No. Don't get me wrong this movie has it's fans, but I don't see it being remember on that scale, Moore's place in history is yet to come, her performance in that movie only showed me she can nail it when the time comes. Well when it comes to her fans, they will remember all her success; I'm talking about the world in general. It's something to look forward to(Of course she'd be a lot cooler if she was related to Roger Moore{the real James Bond 007} but nobody's perfect) and I can't wait to see it.


And just one more thing, I Just received a letter from somebody I haven't had contact with for about 5 years. She is the nicest person I have ever met but for some reason I'm not sure what she has to say and I haven't opened the letter. I'm sure everything is fine but I just have this voice telling me to wait, It's the weirest thing and I don't know why but I seem to dread opening it. Maybe I just don't want to open it after seeing that movie, I don't know.


theJDman
***

2 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger theJDman said...

All is well.

theJDman

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home