Friday, January 16, 2009

Remember this: Under the Mountain

Before I start let me state that this is a idea I hope to return to every now and again. Like I said before I love the DVD format and the way several programs from the past are finally being released. So enough of the introduction and lets get started.

When the channel Nickelodeon started out(when I was your age I walked 50 miles...) I watched it every chance I had. There were several shows on there I've been looking for on DVD, and one show in particular. There was this show called The Third Eye which had several mini-series based on children with psychic powers. During the run of that show I had two vague memories of it, one being some children swimming down through a jelly/slime filled hole to enter a tunnel, and second being a father and son that move to a town surrendered by a stone pattern like Stonehenge. I've been looking for these titles for almost five years, as in regards to this title, looking it the wrong place. I kept looking for the title Under the Valcano and getting information on anything but... I finally found a mention of the show The Third Eye on a TV webpage with the correct name, a yahoo search later led to a website selling the DVD(Jackpot!).

Under the Mountain is based off a book from Maurice Gee. Twins Rachel and Theo are chosen by a friendly Alien to stop an evil alien force from overtaking the planet. I just got the DVD yesterday and watched the entire series with my Niece(enjoying a snowday). While not the greatest program ever, it did hold up really well(minus the special effects of course) and my Niece liked it as well, which is very good for a program from the early Eighties.

I have included a link to buying the DVD if anybody is interested(and several people I've run across in other Blogs, websites, and message boards are) I will leave a link at the bottom of this post and the page has a short preview of the DVD. This is how I got my copy, and it took about three weeks to get here. One thing to remember is that the price $29.99 is in New Zealand Dollars which works out to less U.S. Dollars, it was about $24 which included the shipping. If you have even the slightest memory of this show, or if it sounds interesting to you just go ahead and get it.

I suspect I will this revisit this topic sooner rather than

Later...
theJDman

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1757793

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home