Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I need to see you after class.

Another Teacher was arrested for... Look do I really have to say it, I mean by this point we all know. This lady needs to go to Prison, let there be no doubt about that. If this was just an isolated incident then it wouldn't have gotten lots of attention, but we all know it's not. I also know that after things like this hit the news most people become reactionary and paranoid, if you need proof just look at Y2K.
I had a teacher in middle school who went out of her way to make sure students who needed extra help would get it, homework or beyond (classmate home difficulty, which I won't post here). I'm sure you can recall a teacher that cared about their class and I'm sure you know how rare that is. I bring this up because after every report about this type of thing everybody get worried and starts looking at all teachers as child rapists. Helping a student with the lesson after school starts to get people talking.
Now if you visit this Blog on regular basis you'll see that I'm not a big fan on the way school is set up; but something needs to be said to defend the teachers in this case. With all the bad press how many teachers do you think will continue to go out of their way to help those who really need it, those are the type of teachers we need. Teaching is not quite a respected career as it use to be, not many people looking into it for a career path. Sad but True.

theJDman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home