Saturday, May 20, 2006

Have you ever wanted to hit yourself in the Head with a Hammer?

Well I've been busy at Classmates.com and I'm not impressed. 1st of all It's a graveyard of zero activity and for very good reason, It's a closed door party. Now before I list my (numerous)complaints let me mention a couple good things about the site. I did find a lot of my fellow classmates and some had a little information on them; now that we got all that out of the way let's get down to business... If you wish to view info or try to communicate with anybody you have to be a gold member(money, money, money) so I took a 3 month membership($15.00, your money goes for... Blah, Blah, Blah) and then went forward. After that I went to set-up my profile where I listed this Blog, My Space page, Yahoo Group, and Email address and finished. Then I went to look at my profile only to learn It was not allowed because It contained links and an Email address(Ever had a moment where you almost toss your computer, I know 1 person who actually did. You had to be there.) and my 1st thought was, "What!?! You've got to be {guess the missing word} kidding me!" Then I had to leave clues on how to find this Blog. Then I checked out the reunion page(which was 2K3, Ha Ha I don't need a walker, yet) and found 3 comments on the board and 2 were from the same person. Then get this, you can use Classmates Email to leave a message to that person that will be there the next time that person logs onto Classmates.com... So I guess when you have to input your Email address in their little sign-up It's so they can send you extra Spam to your Email(before 2 days ago my average SpamMail was about 130 SpamMails a day. Last 2 days It's been 210 SpamMails. Including my personal favorite "Bigger is Better. It's common knowledge that most women want men with a large {fill in the blank} "). This is a perfect example of a middle-man sticking his nose into your business to make a buck.

So basically Classmates.com is a closed door party. You can reunite with all your old school buddies*. But it would be less of a headache just to hire a P.I. to find your old friends.

theJDman

*all communication with others has to be monitored by us and you can only interact with others here on our website. We will make sure you can only communicate through us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home