Tuesday, May 23, 2006

30th Post: Hall of Fame & Eddie Guerrero

I know that not everybody love wrestling and that’s cool(What, how can you not…). This post is about the Hall of Fame. I just picked up the WrestleMania 22 DVD set; 1 of the features of the DVD is the entire 2006 WWE Hall of Fame. Darning the last few years the Hall of Fame has become my favorite part of WrestleMania. I can’t remember a time in my life when I didn’t watch wrestling. The Hall of Fame I think is the biggest achievement you can get in the business, even bigger that the title. The Hall of Fame is a chance to celebrate the best of the business, regardless of gimmick or title reigns.
I would assume that to the people who get inducted it must be a double-edged sword. On the 1st hand It goes to show that you made an impact in your career and you were important in the business; the other side is that your career is over. It’s great that people remember you and what you did, but there it is and you can’t do it anymore. I’ve learned more about a few people in the Hall of Fame ceremony then I did during their entire career. There’s 1 quote during Paul Orndorff’s induction that I remember, It’s something that’s true of life but nobody really thinks about it. “After looking back on all the things, you never know who’s life you touch, you never know…”(sorry I can’t remember the exact quote, but that’s the part I remember) The really great thing about the Hall of Fame is that they induct some wrestlers who never worked for WWE, but worked in the business. I’m going to close out this section of the post with a quote from a TV show that I always remembered; It seems appropriate for this Post. “Remember these times, It’s a time of your life that’ll never come again. When It’s gone, It’s gone.”

TheJDman


This is just a quick post on the death of Eddie Guerrero. I wanted to post a message on this when I started this Blog but I never found a good time to do so. The death of Eddie Guerrero came as a shock, I remember waking up and hearing about it on the news and I thought I heard it wrong. The next week had Tribute shows on Raw and Smackdown , I remember thinking how unfair and sudden it was.
Now that’s some time has passed and I had a chance to think about his life as a whole I’d say It’s not so bad. His life was too short but in the end his life was fulfilled. Just think if this happened a few years earlier while he was estranged from his family, fired from his job, and plagued by his addition; If he had died then he would be remember as another athlete who couldn’t keep their family or life because their demons got the better of them. Eddie Guerrero got cleaned up, got back on track with his career, and got his family back(something that is almost never done, I believe that’s the most impressive of all). When I think of Eddie Guerrero, I think of an sombody who fought to get his life back and had it the way he wanted when he died. If only we can all be that lucky when our time comes.

theJDman

1 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger theJDman said...

Cute little Pit Bull, that an interesting visual. I'm also happen to also be 6'6"(if you add about 8 inches) and just let me repeat "I hope you never get mad at me."

theJDman

Just a quick question, Is a little PitBull cute if they're biting your leg off?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home